posted on | April 4, 2011 | 2 comments
- Do I know you?
– You know my work. Walk with me. I’m Aaron Sorkin. ‘The West Wing’, ‘A Few Good Men’, ‘Social Network’.
– ‘Studio 60’?
– Shut up. Do you know Nick Lachey? I hear he doesn’t even let you sit in the meeting. He just screams at you to see how you react.
– Wait, you’re not really applying for this job, are you?
– Of course I am. You gotta take work where you can find it. Our craft is dying while people are playing Angry Birds and poking each other on Facebook. What is poking, anyway? Why won’t anybody do it to me? I’m cool!
– Did we just go in a circle?
– Listen, lady, a gender I write extremely well if the story calls for it, this is serious! We make horse buggies and the first Model T just rolled into town.
– We’re dinosaurs.
– We don’t need two metaphors. That’s bad writing. Not that it matters.
[30Rock, s05e18 – Plan B]